Special meeting begins at 5 p.m.; Regular Meeting begins at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/88023709460 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 88023709460).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: Controller
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of Staff:
o Ari Nuri, Planner I
o Mike Bower, Budget & Analysis Manager
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve July 22, 2020 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract to Sandbar Solar to Design and Install Solar Panels at the Skyline Field Office at Skyline Ridge Open Space Preserve (R-20-87)
Staff Contact: Craig Beckman, Area Manager, Land and Facilities
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Sandbar Solar for a base amount of $151,533 to design and install a grid-tie solar panel system at the Skyline Field Office
2. Authorize a 10% contingency of $15,153 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, bringing the contract to a total not-to-exceed amount of $166,686.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. All written comments submitted in accordance with the guidance posted on the District’s website will be read into the record.
4. Consider designation of select preserve trails, roadways, and parking areas to allow electric bicycle use under a 1-year pilot project (R-20-89)
Staff Contact: Matt Anderson, Chief Ranger, Visitor Services Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Designate select trails at Ravenswood Open Space Preserve and Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve and County Park where bicycles are currently allowed as open to class 1 and 2 electric bicycle use under a 1-year pilot project, and determine that this action is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act.
2. Designate all roads and parking areas that are open to the public for motor vehicle use during regular preserve hours as also open to all classes of electric bicycles.
5. Integrated Pest Management Program 2019 Calendar Year Report (R-20-90)
Staff Contact: Tom Reyes, IPM Coordinator, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation: Accept the Integrated Pest Management Program 2019 Calendar Year Report. No Board action required.
6. Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Youth Outreach Plan (R-20-88)
Staff Contact: Carmen Lau, Public Affairs Specialist I
General Manager’s Recommendations: Review, provide input, and approve the Youth Outreach Plan.
• Deer Hollow Farm White Barn -- Replacement of Attic Stairs with Pull-down Ladder
• Updated Scope and Timeline for the Science Advisory Panel
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.