A G E N D A
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Name of Case: Burkhart v. Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District; Santa Clara County Superior Court Case Number 18CV 334473.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve January 23, 2019 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Renewal of Agreement with Grassroots Ecology for the Hendrys Creek Stream Restoration Project at Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve (R-19-18)
Staff Contact: Meredith Manning, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to renew an agreement with Grassroots Ecology (formerly Acterra Stewardship) in an amount of $107,000 for native plant restoration, vegetation monitoring, and grant administration work associated with the grant-funded Hendrys Creek Stream Channel Restoration Project (Project) at Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve. The agreement, including this renewal, is eligible for full reimbursement by a Santa Clara Valley Water District grant through June 2020.
2. Authorize an additional allowance of $40,000 for optional hand watering, contingent upon need at the District’s sole discretion, for a total not-to-exceed contract price of $147,000.
4. Maintenance and Indemnification Agreement between the County of Santa Clara and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (R-19-17)
Staff Contact: Sean Smith, Capital Project Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the Maintenance and Indemnification Agreement between the County of Santa Clara and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District and authorizing the General Manager to execute and record the Agreement
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Alpine Road Trail Memorandum of Understanding with the County of San Mateo, Coal Creek Open Space Preserve (R-19-19)
Staff Contact: Michael Williams, Real Property Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the County of San Mateo for the repair and future negotiations to transfer ownership and management of the Alpine Road Trail.
6. Fiscal Year 2018-19 Quarter 2 Budget Amendments (R-19-21)
Staff Contact: Carmen Narayanan, Budget & Analysis Manager and Elissa Martinez, Management Analyst I
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed Fiscal Year 2018-19 Budget Quarter 2 amendments (revenues and expenses).
7. 2019 Special Park Districts Forum (R-19-20)
Staff Contact: Cydney Bieber, Public Affairs Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive an update and provide comments on the 2019 Special Park Districts Forum. No Board action required.
8. Informational Update on the Development of the Prescribed Fire Program (R-19-16)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation: No action required.
• Customer Relationship Management System and General Information Emails
• Highway 17 Wildlife and Regional Trail Crossings Final Revised Alternatives Report, Summary of Public Comments, and Next Steps
• District Permit Exemption Legislation Update
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports