Special meeting begins at 6 p.m.; Regular meeting begins at 7 p.m.
REVISED A G E N D A
TELECONFERENCE NOTICE Pursuant to Government Code Section 54953, Subdivision (b), the Special meetings will include teleconference participation by Director Kishimoto from 12330 Anderson Valley Road, Boonville, CA 95415. This Notice and Agenda will be posted at the teleconference location. Accessibility to and public comment from this address shall be provided as required by Government Code Section 54954(b)(3).
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, Santa Clara County APN: 170-04-051
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Diane New, Santa Clara County and Chris Jordan, City of Los Altos
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve March 3, 2020 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Approval of the Funding and Acquisition Agreement between the County of Santa Clara and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to support the Purchase of the former Gupta-Khan Property as an Addition to El Sereno Open Space Preserve located at 17045 Bohlman Road in unincorporated Santa Clara County (Assessor’s Parcel Number 517-24-030) (R-20-24)
Staff Contact: Jasmine Leong, Real Property Agent I
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) as set out in this report.
2. Adopt the attached Resolution authorizing the General Manager to negotiate and execute a Funding and Acquisition Agreement with the County of Santa Clara for a County contribution of half the purchase price of the former Gupta-Khan Property, or $192,500, in exchange for the conveyance of a conservation easement.
4. Addition of a new project to the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Capital Improvement and Action Plan and Award of Contract for Remediation Design of a ranch debris cleanup site at the former Madonna Creek Ranch located in Miramontes Ridge Open Space Preserve (R-20-23)
Staff Contact: Aaron Hébert, Senior Resource Management Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Approve the addition of Madonna Creek Ranch Debris Clean Up project (MAA01-004), to the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Capital Improvement and Action Plan.
2. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Rincon Consultants Inc., for hazardous materials consulting services and remediation plan development to implement the Madonna Creek Ranch Debris Cleanup for a not-to-exceed base amount of $63,365.
3. Authorize a 10% contingency of $6,337 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount not-to-exceed $69,702.
4. Adopt a Resolution amending the Fiscal Year 2019-20 budget to fund the project, transferring funds from General Fund 10 to Measure AA Fund 30, for a net-zero adjustment.
5. Adoption of a Records Retention Schedule (R-20-06)
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the records retention schedule and authorizing destruction of certain records consistent with California law.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
6. Approval of Basis of Design recommendations to complete the Deer Hollow Farm White Barn Structural Stabilization Project at Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve (R-20-27)
Staff Contact: Leigh Guggemos, Capital Project Manager III, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the structural stabilization measures for the Deer Hollow Farm White Barn as recommended in the Basis of Design Report prepared by Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., dated December 18, 2019.
7. Legislative Action Recommendations (R-20-26)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the recommended list of legislative actions for the 2020 state legislative session.
• Interest on Measure AA Bond Proceeds
• Implementation Update: Rancho San Antonio Multimodal Access Study & Short-Term Measures
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports