A G E N D A
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT LEGISLATIVE, FUNDING, AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: HASSETT, HOLMAN, KERSTEEN-TUCKER
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Select Committee Chair for Calendar Year 2019
2. Approve the December 4, 2018 Legislative, Funding, And Public Affairs Committee Meeting Minutes
3. Recognition of Significant Partners at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve (R-19-14)
Staff Contact: Melissa Borgesi, Planner I
General Manager’s Recommendations: Forward to the full Board of Directors the following recommended list of partners to be recognized for their significant contributions towards the preservation, stewardship, and public opening of Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve:
• Peninsula Open Space Trust;
• California State Coastal Conservancy;
• California Wildlife Conservation Board;
• Santa Clara Valley Water District;
• Former State Senator Byron Sher; and
• Committee for Green Foothills.
4. Briefing on Midpeninsula Region Open Space District’s Youth Engagement Opportunities (R-19-15)
Staff Contact: Carmen Lau, Public Affairs Specialist I
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Receive an informational report on the 2018 Youth Engagement Recap.
2. Review and provide recommendations to inform the goals, direction, and next steps for the Youth Outreach Plan.