Special Meeting begins at 6 p.m. Regular Meeting begins at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/83894486820 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 83894486820).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: San Mateo County APN(s): 050-470-050 and -090
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Alycia Moulton, Senior Management Analyst
Under Negotiation: Easement Exchange Terms
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of Staff
o Viri Acosta, Public Affairs Administrative Assistant
o Alex Casbara, Planner III
o Ariel Starr, Real Property & Natural Resources Administrative Assistant
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve September 23, 2020 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract for Construction Management and Inspection Services, scheduled to extend between November 2020 and Spring 2022, and to provide HVAC Peer Review for the Administrative Office Project (R-20-107)
Staff Contact: Tanisha Werner, Senior Capital Project Manager, Engineering & Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into contract with Nova Partners, Incorporated, of Mountain View, California for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $475,498.
2. Authorize a 15% contract contingency of $71,325 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount to not-to-exceed $546,823.
4. Contract Amendment with Engineering/Remediation Resources Group, Inc., for the Madonna Creek Ranch Cleanup at Miramontes Ridge Open Space Preserve (R-20-109)
Staff Contact: Aaron Hébert, Senior Resources Management Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendations: Authorize the General Manager to increase the contract amount of $143,945 with Engineering/ Remediation Resources Group, Inc., by an additional $93,146 for a new, not-to-exceed contract amount of $237,091
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. All written comments submitted in accordance with the guidance posted on the District’s website will be read into the record.
5. 2020 State Legislative Session Review (R-20-108)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendations: Receive a report on the concluded 2020 state legislative session. No Board action required.
6. Board of Directors Self-Evaluation Process (R-20-111)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Review the list of potential facilitators, submit rankings, and confirm the top three to four firms to be interviewed for the selection of a facilitator for the Board Self-Evaluation Process and Retreat.
2. Select one of the following to assist the General Manager with the logistics in preparing for the Self-Evaluation Process and Retreat:
a. Form a Board Evaluation Ad Hoc Committee and authorize the Board President to appoint three members of the Board of Directors to serve on the Ad Hoc Committee.
b. Delegate this role to the Board President and Vice-President.
• Update on the Ward Boundary Redistricting Project
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.