Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20 and the March 16, 2020 Order of the Health Officer of Santa Clara County directing all individuals living in the County to shelter at their place of residence, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/85756209036 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 85756209036).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
A G E N D A
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Lehigh Southwest Cement Company (Santa Clara County APNs: 351-09-003, 351-12-067, 351-09-023, 351-09-025, 351-10-037, 351-10-017, 351-10-019, 351-10-039, 351-10-044, 351-10-011, 351-10-030, 351-10-029, 351-10-023, 351-10-012, 351-10-038, 351-11-001, 351-11-005, 351-11-007, 351-11-012)
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent and Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager
Negotiating Party: Erika Guerra
Under Negotiation: Price and terms
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: General Manager
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve May 13, 2020 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract for Vegetation Mapping Services in Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties (R-20-50)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a four-year cooperative agreement with San Mateo County Resource Conservation District for regional vegetation mapping services, for an amount not-to-exceed $200,000.
- Authorize a 12% contingency of $24,000 to request additional mapping services, if deemed beneficial and appropriate, for a total contract amount not-to-exceed $224,000.
4. Subcontractor Substitution for the Ravenswood Bay Trail Connection Project (R-20-52)
Staff Contact: Scott Reeves, Senior Capital Project Manager, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendations: Consent to a subcontractor substitution for the Ravenswood Bay Trail Connection Project.
5. Award of Contract for Web Design and Development Services (R-20-51)
Staff Contact: Cydney Bieber, Public Affairs Specialist II, Public Affairs Department
General Manager’s Recommendations: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a four-year contract with Rootid for an amount not to exceed $138,218 for website design and development, content migration, and four years of ongoing maintenance and strategic support.
6. Written Response to Sue Dremann
Staff Contact: Cydney Bieber, Website Administrator
General Manager’s Recommendations: Approve the written response to comments submitted by Sue Dremann.
7. Written Response to Craig Dremann
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resources Manager Specialist, and Korrine Skinner, Public Affairs Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations: Approve the written response to comments submitted by Craig Dremann.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. All written comments submitted in accordance with the guidance posted on the District’s website will be read into the record.
8. Award of Contract to AECOM for the Project Approval and Environmental Document Phase of the Highway 17 Wildlife and Regional Trail Crossings and Trail Connections Project (R-20-53)
Staff Contact: Meredith Manning, Senior Planner
General Manager’s Recommendations:
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with AECOM for a base not-to-exceed amount of $1,180,385 for environmental and engineering consulting services for the Highway 17 Wildlife and Regional Trail Crossings and Trail Connections Project.
- Authorize an approximate 10% contingency of $118,330 to be reserved for unforeseen conditions, for a total contract amount not-to-exceed $1,580,000.
- . Authorize $281,285 in allowances, as described in the report, for additional environmental and engineering consulting services beyond the base contract scope of work to be used only if deemed necessary.
- Calendar Year 2019 Ranger Activity Report
- Calendar Year 2019 Annual Report on Estimated Visitor Counts
- April 8 and April 22, 2020 Multiple Structures Stabilization Reports Clarification on the Fiscal Impact Tables Information
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports