REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve December 9, 2019, December 11, 2019, December 18, 2019 and January 8, 2020 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Appointment of Board of Directors Standing Committee Members and Representatives to Various Bodies, Including the Governing Board of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority, for Calendar Year 2020 (R-20-02)
Staff Contact: Karen Holman, Board President
Board President’s Recommendation: Approve the Board President’s appointments to the Board Standing Committees and other bodies, including the Governing Board of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority, and determine the compensable status for attendance at these meetings.
4. Adopt an Addendum to the Mindego Hill Ranch Grazing Management Plan as an amendment to the Russian Ridge Use and Management Plan that adds the south pasture as part of the conservation grazing area on the property, and approve an Addendum to the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Mindego Ranch Use and Management Plan (R-20-10)
Staff Contact: Lewis Reed, Rangeland Ecologist/Botanist
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Adopt a Resolution approving an Addendum to the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Russian Ridge Use and Management Plan, in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act, to add the south pasture as part of the conservation grazing area on the property.
2. Approve Addendum #1 to the Mindego Hill Ranch Grazing Plan to guide management in the south pasture expansion area.
3. Amend the Russian Ridge Use and Management Plan for the south pasture expansion to reflect the approval of Addendum #1 to the Mindego Hill Ranch Grazing Plan.
5. Annual Dedication Report of Certain Lands of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (R-20-11)
Staff Contact: Michael Williams, Real Property Department Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Accept the annual report on the status of dedicated interests in lands of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District held for public open space purposes.
6. Resolution to Accept Grant Funding from the State Coastal Conservancy for the Purisima-to-the-Sea Trail and Parking Area Feasibility and Planning Project (R-20-12)
Staff Contact: Jordan McDaniel, Senior Grants & Procurement Technician
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager to execute a grant agreement with the State Coastal Conservancy to receive $301,000 for the preparation of preliminary planning documents for a seven-mile extension of the proposed Purisima-to-the-Sea Trail and related parking area to be located on the San Mateo County coast.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
7. Proposed purchase of the Tabachnik Trust Property as an addition to Tunitas Creek Open Space Preserve in unincorporated San Mateo County (Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 066-300-010 (portion) and 066-300-020) (R-20-13)
Staff Contact: Allen Ishibashi, Sr. Real Property Agent
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as set out in the staff report.
2. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the purchase of the Tabachnik Trust Property and amending the Fiscal Year 2019-20 budget accordingly.
3. Adopt a Preliminary Use and Management Plan, as set out in the staff report.
4. Withhold dedication of the property as public open space at this time.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.