Special Meeting at 6 p.m., Regular Meeting at 7 p.m.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Review of 2019 State of California Legislative Session – Board of Directors Briefing on Matters of Interest to Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (R-19-133)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive and discuss the 2019 State of California legislative session update from legislative consultants, Public Policy Advocates LLC and Environmental and Energy Consulting.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of Management Talent Exchange Program Participant
o Deborah Hirst, Climate Resiliency/Regional Trails Specialist
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve October 9, 2019 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Approval of Amendments to the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual (R-19-134)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution approving the amendments to the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
4. Resolution to accept grant funding from the California Natural Resources Agency for the proposed future purchase of the Gordon Ridge property. (R-19-135)
Staff Contact: Melanie Askay, Grants Program Manager and Michael Williams, Real Property Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution by roll call vote authorizing the General Manager to execute a funding agreement with the California Natural Resources Agency for the proposed future purchase of the Gordon Ridge property as an addition to Tunitas Creek Open Space Preserve.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Highway 17 Crossings Alternatives, Caltrans Project Study Report, Environmental Review, Public Outreach and Funding (R-19-136)
Staff Contact: Julie Andersen, Senior Resource Management Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to approve the final Caltrans Project Study Report - Project Development Support document.
2. Approve the proposed approach for project environmental review pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act and the National Environmental Policy Act to evaluate highway crossing alternatives for wildlife and trail use.
3. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the General Manager to enter into a Cooperative Agreement with Caltrans to begin the Caltrans Project Approval and Environmental Document for the proposed project.
6. Lone Madrone Ranch (formally McDonald Ranch) Grazing Lease in La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-19-137)
Staff Contact: Michael Jurich, Land and Facilities Services Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager to enter into a new two-year grazing lease with an option for a one-year extension at Lone Madrone Ranch in La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve with current Lessee, Erik and Doniga Markegard.
7. Award of Contract for the South Area Field Office Project (19-138)
Staff Contact: Tanisha Werner, Senior Capital Project Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Award a contract to Agbayani Construction Corporation of Daly City, California for a base contract amount of $3,529,000, which includes bid alternates #5 and #7.
2. Authorize a 15% construction contingency of $529,350 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, for a not-to-exceed total contract amount of $4,058,350.
3. Separately authorize bid alternate #1 for $75,000, for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $4,133,350, to be awarded if during demolition the south wall is deemed to require replacement; this fixed charge is excluded from the 15% contract contingency calculation.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports