A G E N D A
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve July 24, 2019 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Grazing Lease Extension with AGCO HAY LLC for the Driscoll Ranch Grazing Unit at La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-19-108)
Staff Contact: Michael Jurich, Land & Facilities Services Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager to extend the Grazing Lease with AGCO HAY LLC for an additional five years.
4. Contract Award to Community Tree Service, Inc., for Tree Mitigation Planting at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve (R-19-112)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes, Senior Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Community Tree Service, Inc., of Watsonville, California to plant mitigation trees for a base contract amount of $91,000.
2. Authorize an allowance of $9,000 for the planting of additional trees, to be awarded only if acorn production is sufficient this fall, to further enhance native plant restoration efforts.
5. Written Response to Robert Ende
Staff Contact: Susanna Chan, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the written response to Mr. Ende
6. Contract Amendment for Legislative Consulting Services with Environmental and Energy Consulting (R-19-113)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to amend a legislative consulting services contract with Environmental and Energy Consulting (EEC) for an additional $13,750 for a not-to-exceed total of $58,750.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
7. Regional Trails Overview - Informational Presentation (R-19-114)
Staff Contact: Jane Mark, AICP, Planning Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive an informational presentation on Regional Trail Partnerships and Projects. No Board action required.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports