Special meeting starts at 5:30 pm.
A G E N D A
5:30 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION. (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Name of Case: County of Santa Clara v. Gullicksen, et al.; Santa Clara County Superior Court Case Number 109CV141882.
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County APN: 170-04-054
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Pearlman Properties
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
3. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: General Manager
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve July 25, 2018 Minutes
2. Claims Report
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
3. Approval of Salary and Benefits Adjustments for the Office, Supervisory, and Management Employees for Fiscal Year 2018-19 (R-18-94)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Adopt a resolution approving the salary and benefits adjustments for the Office, Supervisory, and Management employees as set out in the staff report.
2. Approve an update to the Classification and Compensation Plan reflecting the salary adjustments.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports