Midpen’s primary revenue source is a share of the annual total property tax collected within the District boundaries. Other revenue sources may include federal and state grants, interest and rental income, donations, land gifts and note issues.
The following accomplishments highlight Midpen’s focused efforts on a balanced mission — land acquisition and preservation; natural resources protection and restoration; public access, education and outreach; and for the Coastside, supporting local agriculture.
These extensive and varied accomplishments include major projects to open new preserve areas to the public, including Bear Creek Redwoods Preserve. They also show extensive progress on resource restoration priorities; education and outreach to diverse visitors; collaborative partnerships with other organizations; and the ongoing operational requirements of maintaining nearly 65,000 acres of protected public open space.
On the San Mateo County Coast, accomplishments also include improving agricultural infrastructure to continue conservation grazing in the coastal uplands while preserving the coast’s rural character. In addition to completing projects on the land, Midpen has also placed significant effort in strengthening the administrative and organizational systems that are necessary to support our mission, now and into the future.
Fiscal Year 2018-19 Accomplishments Report
Fiscal Year 2018-19 Year-End Review Slideshow
- 2018-19 Accomplishments Report | 2018-19 Year-End Review Slideshow
- 2017-18 Accomplishments Report
- 2016-17 Accomplishments Report
- 2015-16 Accomplishments Report | Annual Report 2015-16
- 2014-15 Accomplishments Report | Annual Report 2014-15
- 2013-14 Accomplishments Report | Financial Profile 2013-14
The work plan and corresponding funding plan for the coming year that embodies the mission of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to acquire and preserve a regional greenbelt of open space, protect and restore the natural environment, provide opportunities for low-impact public enjoyment and education, and preserve viable working lands on the Coast.
Budget & Action Plan FY21
- Approved FY21 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY21
- Approved FY20 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY20
- Approved FY19 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY19
- Approved FY18 Budget and Action Plan
- Approved FY17 Budget and Action Plan
- Approved FY16 Action Plan and Budget
- Approved FY15 Action Plan | Approved FY15 Budget
For the next 15 to 20 years and beyond, Midpen imagines a future that balances the components of our mission: land acquisition and preservation; natural resources protection and restoration; public access, education and outreach; and for the Coastside, supporting local agriculture. The adopted strategic plan will guide decisions to achieve the most beneficial impact with the available resources.
- Strategic Plan Update FY2020-21
- Strategic Plan Update FY2019-20
- Strategic Plan Update FY2018-19
- Strategic Plan Update FY2017-18
- Strategic Plan Update FY2016-17
- Strategic Plan Update FY2015-16
- Strategic Plan Update FY2014-15
- Strategic Plan Summary Report
Financial and Operational Sustainability Model
To support Midpen’s commitment to implement Measure AA projects efficiently and effectively while maintaining on-going operations and programs, the agency chose to evaluate its structure, capacity and financial sustainability. The resulting Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM) Report is a proactive effort to address the changing demands of the organization. Midpen has already begun implementation of numerous strategic recommendations in the FOSM.
The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee consists of seven at-large members who reside within the District boundaries. The committee is appointed by Midpen’s board of directors to ensure accountability, transparency and public oversight of all funds collected and allocated under the measure. Learn more about the Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee.
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: FY2018-19
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: FY2017-18
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: FY2016-17
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: May 11, 2014 - June 30, 2016
The CAFR, composed of introductory, financial and statistical sections, is prepared by the Finance Department in compliance with the principles and standards for financial reporting established by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board. The financial section includes the audited financial statements and independent auditor’s report. Prior to FY2016-17, Midpen presented an annual audited financial report.
- CAFR: FY2018-19
- CAFR: FY2017-18
- CAFR: FY2016-17
- Audited Financial Report FY2015-16
- Audited Financial Report FY2014-15
- Audited Financial Report FY2013-14
- Audited Financial Report FY2012-13
- Audited Financial Report FY2011-12
- Audited Financial Report FY2010-11
The PAFR, prepared by the Finance Department, consists of a readily accessible and easily understandable Midpen financial report designed for the general public.