COVID-19 Volunteer Program Schedule Changes
Outdoor Service Volunteer Projects are suspended until further notice. An email will be sent to current volunteers when we are authorized to safely resume group projects. We are working on modification plans, protocols, and best management practices for the future of our programs as we await updates to social distancing and shelter in place guidelines.
Volunteer in Your Community
We recognize that as a natural helper, you want to be of assistance during this time. We all need to come together as a community and below are references for other organizations that need a helping hand.
- Hands on Bay Area and California Volunteers are two of your best sources for lists of local agencies and needs during this time.
Direct links to just some of the specific organizations needing help:
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley and their Partner Agencies need help sorting and packaging food in addition to other tasks
- Donate blood or plasma with the American Red Cross
- Meals on Wheels needs assistance with delivery
- Volunteer Match has a running list of local agency virtual and in person volunteer opportunities specific to essential covid-19 response. Some examples: distribute food, help someone find shelter, and raise voter turn out virtually.
Please do your due diligence in researching any nonprofit or charity organizations, and only volunteer if you can be sure you're working within the current shelter in place guidelines.